If you are a Mac user, you know that to keep your operating system secure, you have to maintain your updates. For July, Apple has released some major operating system updates that you need to install. These updates include security patches for iOS 8.4, OSX Yosemite 10.10.4, and Safari 8.0.7. Failure to complete your Mac OS updates will leave your system vulnerable to security threats. Mac OS X users can download and install the updates through the Software Update tool. iPhone and iPad users can install those updates through the “General” tab in the Settings app and then click the Software Update tab to continue. Apple products are not impervious to security issues – update your systems.
Posts Tagged ‘computer repair’
Last week, Microsoft previewed Windows 10. It looks to be a popular OS for both Windows 8 fans and those who prefer the familiarity of Windows 7. A lot of the previewed features incorporate the two looks pretty well.
Read more from PC World here:
It has been reported that 30% of the PCs in the United States are still running Windows XP! The end is near! In fact, tomorrow Microsoft ends support of one of the most beloved operating systems ever produced. So what does that mean to you?
1. Software updates for Windows XP will no longer be available.
2. No new Microsoft security updates will be released to help protect your Windows XP computer from viruses, spyware or hackers.
3. Microsoft’s Security Essentials antivirus software will no longer be available for download for Windows XP systems.
4. Your Windows XP computer may not be compatible with new hardware devices or applications.
5. There will be no more Windows XP reliability or performance updates.
Unfortunately, not all Windows XP systems can be upgraded to Windows 8 – but at CET, we can help you find a solution whether it is a Windows 8 upgrade or a Linux solution or a brand new custom built system. We’re here to help!